ABOUT FASHION & STYLE DECOR FOOD & DRINK TUTORIALS WEEKEND INSPIRATION WISH LIST

5.31.2012

FROZEN STRAWBERRY LIMEADE


I've always been a huge fan of lemonade/limeade, so when I went strawberry picking a few days ago, I knew I had to make frozen strawberry lemonade or limeade. The recipe is pretty simple and it came out successful even though it was my first time using this recipe that I had created just minutes before I made the frozen limeade (I was out of lemons).

Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups of halved strawberries, three limes, 1 1/2 cups of crushed ice, 5-6 tablespoons of granulated sugar.

1/ Start off this recipe by making the strawberry lime syrup. To do this, fully squeeze the juice out of one lime into a tiny pot along with a 1/2 cup of the halved strawberries and all of the sugar. Let this dissolve for about eight minutes. Then, take it off the heat and let it cool.

2/ Squeeze the remaining juice of the two leftover limes into a blender along with rest of the strawberries and all of the ice.

3/ Add your cooled strawberry lime syrup into the blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend well.

4/ Bon appétit! Serve with a sprig of mint.



xo

No comments: