ABOUT FASHION & STYLE DECOR FOOD & DRINK TUTORIALS WEEKEND INSPIRATION WISH LIST

6.27.2012

HERB & VEGGIE GARDEN


A few weeks ago I started my very own herb and vegetable garden. Since the DMV has very extreme weather, I needed a way to move the vegetation in and out of the sun/snow/rain. I used planters and separate pots to keep my herbs and veggies. When I re-consider expanding the garden, I think I might find a more spacious way to maintain these lovelies. Here are a few tips and tricks:

1/ Choose herbs and veggies that you like and will probably use the most. I chose tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro, dill, and basil. 

2/ Think about the weather and climate you have where you live. If it's extreme, then maybe an indoor greenhouse or smaller terrarium would be most suitable. 

3/ Commit, commit, commit. I water my plants once every 1-2 days. Don't forget (don't even be a day late). 

4/ Do your research. Find out ways on how to maintain and improve the life expectancy of your plants.





xo

No comments: