ABOUT FASHION & STYLE DECOR FOOD & DRINK TUTORIALS WEEKEND INSPIRATION WISH LIST

8.20.2012

BASIC HOMEMADE GRANOLA


I'm not a big breakfast person. However, since it is the most important meal of the day, I like to have a small, hearty breakfast that'll keep me full and energized until lunchtime. Granola is one of my breakfast essentials. I love to add it to plain greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey. This recipe is for very basic granola (just rolled oats). I would've added pecans or chopped almonds or even dried berries if I had them on stock, but at the time, I hadn't.

Ingredients: 2 cups of rolled oats, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil

1/ Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a pot, melt your butter. Once your butter is melted, add in your brown sugar to create a simple syrup. 

2/ Add in your honey and your rolled oats and mix. Once well-incorporated, mix in the vegetable oil.

3/ Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and spread granola across the cookie sheet.

4/ Place in oven for about twenty to thirty minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on it as all ovens are not the same.

5/ Let cool for fifteen minutes and then store in a container. It can be stored for up to a week.





xo




No comments: