ABOUT FASHION & STYLE DECOR FOOD & DRINK TUTORIALS WEEKEND INSPIRATION WISH LIST

9.03.2012

HOW TO: CREATE A CAKE STAND


I've been experimenting more with baking this year, so I thought it was time to buy my own cake stand. To my surprise, cake stands are really expensive, so I decided to create my own. I bought a candlestick holder from the thrift store as a base for the cake stand and a big, white, simple plate to hold the cake. It's seriously easy and not too pricey either.


Materials: Candlestick holder, big plate, and super glue




1/ Flip your plate over and let it sit on a flat surface. Apply a generous amount of super glue around the edge of the candlestick holder.

2/ Center the candlestick holder and press it down carefully on the back of the plate.

3/ Carefully flip the cake stand over and let it dry for an hour or two. Don't move the candlestick holder around to test to see if it is dry.





xo

No comments: