ABOUT FASHION & STYLE DECOR FOOD & DRINK TUTORIALS WEEKEND INSPIRATION WISH LIST

10.22.2012

VEGETARIAN CHILI


I'm not very carnivorous, but I don't think I would ever go completely vegan or vegetarian. However, there are certain dishes, that I prefer meat-less and chili is one of them. As a child, I would peculiarly pick out the meat from my chili. That being said, I decided to use this recipe (the very last one) with just a few minor changes.

Ingredients: 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 of a yellow onion, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, 1/2 of a red bell pepper, 1 can of great northern beans, 1 can of black beans, 1 jalepeno pepper (de-seeded and de-veined), 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2-3 tablespoons of cumin, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon

1/ Prepare your ingredients. Dice the onion, red bell pepper, and jalepeno pepper. Drain and rinse the beans. 

2/ Sauté the onion, bell pepper, and jalepeno pepper with olive oil in a medium-sized pot until onions are soft.

3/ Stir in the diced tomatoes and mix in the spices. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.

4/ Lastly, add the beans into your pot and mix until well-incorporated. Let cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Serve with grated cheese or sour cream.



No comments: